Mastering Communication Skills for Excellence in Client Satisfaction
Your organization’s success depends on the professionalism of its customer service people. Do you know how to deal effectively with difficult or angry customers? Can you confidently turn a negative situation into a positive one? Do you always create a good first impression? Do you build rapport effortlessly with your customers?
This workshop will help you become a model of professional behaviour and skill. You’ll develop a system for staying calm, motivated and enthusiastic regardless of pressures and problems. Learn techniques for dealing effectively with angry or difficult customers, and for being creative in dealing with challenges and the unexpected.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Who Are Your Customers?
• Identify internal and external customers
• Understand your customers’ needs and expectations
A Model for Professional Behaviour
• Manage your thoughts
• Handle negative emotions in a positive way
• Maintain positive emotions of calmness and enthusiasm regardless of problems
• Use body language to influence your own emotions
• Use positive words to calm and reassure
• Identify words with negative meaning
• Choose persuasive words that encourage cooperation
• Use pitch, tone and pace to increase credibility and authority on the phone
• Use voice and body language to create good first impressions
Active Listening and Responding
• Identify barriers to good listening
• Listen actively to difficult or angry customers and plan your response
• Turn angry or difficult customers into happy, repeat customers
Creative Customer Service
• Deal creatively with the unexpected
• Respond effectively to customer feedback
• Seize opportunities for excelling
• Exceed the customer’s expectations
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Achieve and maintain a model of professionalism
• Build rapport with internal and external customers
• Communicate effectively
• Listen actively
• Use calming, persuasive language
• Use positive language for delivering a negative message
• Use voice and body language for improving your credibility
• Apply techniques for dealing with angry or difficult customers
• Creatively turn a complaint or problem into a positive opportunity to excel
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has the vitally important job of dealing directly with internal or external customers – customer service, finance, human resources, administrative and sales support, IT help desk – and anyone who supervises customer service professionals.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21