Deliver Persuasive Presentations with Ease Using PowerPoint
Effectively Plan, Prepare and Design Powerful Presentations to Enlighten Your Audience
In this one-day workshop class participants will examine, discuss and practice the skills necessary to organize and deliver persuasive and influential presentations. The course teaches three areas of presentation skills:
- the components of organizing a presentation
- the interpersonal components of delivering a presentation
- the technical components of several visual media
You will learn practical skills that will have an immediate impact on your organization. You can expect a relaxed and non-threatening learning environment, with fun activities to reinforce learning. And we limit class size to encourage maximum participation and feedback.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Effectively plan, prepare, organize and design powerful presentations to enlighten your audience and not overwhelm them
- Structure your information in a clear, engaging manner
- Apply simple and effective techniques for designing a presentation
- Learn how the use of visuals can significantly improve the absorption of your message
- Design tips to magnify clarity and create powerful slides
- Organize your slides to make information flow
- Use PowerPoint features and to create persuasive presentations
Planning and Organizing
In this module you will learn to properly plan and organize your presentation, and be knowledgeable about your audience and how the audience processes information.
Pulling the Ideas Together
In this module you will learn to use mind mapping techniques to brainstorm topics for the presentation, and put on paper all of the ideas you would like to incorporate in your presentation.
Opening and Closing
In this module you will learn to plan the opening and closing of your presentation.
In this module you will learn to appreciate design elements and concepts. Learn to effectively use images, and use the visual part of the presentation to compliment/support the verbal message, not to complicate its effectiveness; learn the rules related to colour, font, and script use.
In this module you will build your story from elements identified in the mind map. You will lay out your full presentation with each slide topic and supporting visuals identified, as evaluated by a partner.
Hands On PowerPoint
In this module you will put together a short presentation using PowerPoint features and the techniques covered in this session to enhance your presentation.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone who is required to deliver presentations and wants to improve their impact and effectiveness using PowerPoint.