Performance Management Consultants (PMC) is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and the confidentiality of their personal information.
What is Personal Information?
The term “personal information” means recorded information about an identifiable individual. To qualify as personal information, the information must be about the individual in a personal capacity. As a general rule, information about an individual in a professional, business or official capacity is not considered to be personal information. Examples of information that could be personal information include your name, address, gender, date of birth, email address, telephone number, credit card information, purchases, personal opinions, and social media user names. It may also, in certain situations, include information about your device, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and browser information or browsing data such as PMC Website pages you have visited.
What kind of information the business collects
- Your name and contact information, such as your email address, home address and phone number. We may collect this information in various situations, for instance if you contact us with an inquiry, apply for a position with the organization, or otherwise interact with us. We generally collect this information directly from you, but in certain cases we may receive it from third parties.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as information about your work experience and education. For instance, this information is gathered via an online customer portal available for participants, past workshop registrations on record, etc.
- Browsing activity or other electronic network activity information, such as IP addresses, pages viewed on our website or language preferences. We generally collect this information when you visit our website using cookies or similar technologies. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website so that information can be saved between visits, such as the geographic region you are accessing our websites from. Please refer to your borwser instructions or help screen to learn more about how to block, delete and manage cookies on your computer or mobile device. We treat this information as “personal information” if it can identify you as an individual.
How we use your information
We use your personal and financial information for the purposes communicated to you at the time of collection or in your agreement(s) with us, for example to:
- Verify your identity and to authenticate you when you contact us;
- Provide you with the products or services requested;
- Communicate to you any benefit, feature and other information about products and services you have with us;
- Respond to any special needs or inquiries you may have;
- Better understand your financial situation and determine your eligibility for products and services we offer;
- Manage our risks and operations; and
- Meet regulatory and legal requirements.
How you can access your personal information
The file(s) containing your personal information will be kept at our offices or on our servers or those of our service providers and will be accessible to employees who require it for the purposes of their duties.
Subject to applicable laws, you have the right to request to know what personal information we have about you in our possession, how it was collected, and how it is used, and to request the modification, update or correction of your personal information. You may also have the right to request that your personal information be deleted in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise your rights, make inquiries or complaints about this Policy and our personal information practices please make your request in writing to 109-858 Bank Street, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 3W3. Attention: President or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These rights are subject to exceptions. We may take steps to verify your identity before honoring these requests.
If you have inquiries or complaints about this Policy and our personal information practices, please make your request in writing to 109-858 Bank Street, Ottawa ON, Canada K1S 3W3, Attention: President or via email to email@example.com.
Last Update: November 2023