Thriving Under Different Leadership Styles
Interpersonal and communication skills
How to succeed working for different leaders
Leaders are a diverse bunch. Somethings you report to them. sometimes they are leading your project. Sometimes they are leading your kids’ sports team or the place you volunteer. Some of these leaders naturally fit the way you want to follow, sometimes they don’t. adapting to different leadership styles is key to your motivation, performance, resilience and peace of mind.
The instructor for this course trains, coaches and supports 2,000 plus leaders from every sector each year. He designed this program to help followers create a successful collaboration with the wide variety of leaders he works with.
By the end of this simar, you will be able to:
- Work successfully with relationship and task first leader styles
- Work successfully with empowering and close leader styles
- Work successfully with technical and non-technical leader styles
- Work successfully with risk taking and risk adverse leader styles
- Work successfully with spontaneous and disciplined leader styles
- Work successfully with hard charging and laissez faire leader styles
- Work successfully with consensus and command leader styles
- Work successfully with perfection seeking and mistake friendly leader styles
- Work successfully with subtle and direct leader styles
Identify Leader Style
- Diagnose your leaders preferred styles
- Diagnose your leaders least preferred styles
- Match leaders styles with working behaviour
Understand Leader Styles
- What motivates each leader style?
- What frustrates each leader style?
- What builds trust in each leader style?
Adapt to Leader Styles
- Deliver and activate feedback with each style
- Communicate with ease with each style
- Create peace, joy, acceptance and forgiveness
Help Leaders and Followers Succeed
- Align working styles of leaders and followers
- Manage triggers that stimulate unproductive conflict
- Match expectations with desired inputs and outputs
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone who works with leaders.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Orientation
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Change Management and Leadership
- Conflict Resolution
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Engagement and Motivation
- Impact / Influence
- Interpersonal Relations
- Management Excellence
- Negotiating Techniques
- Problem Solving
- Relationship / Network Building
- Self Confidence / Self Esteem
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Values and Ethics
- Working with Others
To learn more about core competencies, click here.