Career Path Strategies
Professional development and personal effectiveness
This two-day workshop provides an overview of how to develop and manage your career progression. You will learn and apply skills to support your career planning. You will also learn how to organize key information in a way that will support your career objectives.
You will receive practical tips to apply at any stage of your career and work search journey.
At the end of this workshop, you will understand:
- How to organize and manage your career documentation
- How to assess your interests, values, and skills level to support career goals
- Key elements of a resume and cover letter
- Key elements of interview preparation
- Different employment options
- Key elements of networking
- Career Portfolio
- Career Assessments
- Employment Options in the Modern World
- Career Planning (including Objective Setting)
- Individual Skills Awareness and Development Planning
- Resume Skills
- Cover Letter Skills
- Interview Skills
- Networking to Support Career Development (including Social Media tips)
This course is designed for anyone who is interested in exploring their career development with a focus on practical tips and techniques to apply to their career planning and work search. This workshop will also be of interest to anyone wishing to broaden their understanding of career development tools and techniques.