Tools for a Resilient Workforce
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Re-Tool Your Stress and Emotions for a More Manageable, Satisfying and Productive Life
The ancient Greek philosopher Heraclitus once said, “The only thing that is consistent is change.”
We are in an unprecedented time in history when everything is changing. How we perceive the experience will impact if we react, or how we can choose to respond.
Many of us are not used to talking about our feelings, which can be especially difficult when we are asked to organize our lives a different way, without knowing what the future might hold.
This interactive workshop provides an opportunity to reflect on change, how we feel about the change, and how we can understand our stress responses while using them to propel us forward. We will do this in a straight forward manner that is appreciated by even the most skeptical virtual meeting participants.
Resilience is often considered the “ability to bounce back” from life’s challenges. With challenges facing us from all directions, participants will appreciate the opportunity to reflect on their own past experiences that could help them face current challenges.
Participants will also learn about easily accessible tools that they can use to address stress, understand and decrease fear of the unknown, and identify new opportunities for living a more satisfying life.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- Articulate concepts of fear, stress and resilience
- Understand the impacts of collapsed perspective and how to uncover opportunities
- Identify reactions vs. distracting and action responses
- Develop a simple and practical resilience action plan
- Access more information on resilience and strategies to build on resilience
- What is fear and why is it important?
- Types of stress, reactions and responses
- How can we better understand and use our stress to move us forward?
- What is resilience?
- How can we understand our own most effective resilience strategies?
- Factors to boost resilience at work and home
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone who is looking for some ways to understand how to reorganize their stress and emotions to live a more manageable, satisfying and productive life.