Evolving the Workplace Culture for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Professional development and personal effectiveness
A Workshop to Explore Developing a Safe, Respectful, Supportive Organization for Everyone
As diversity increases in the workplace, people from different backgrounds and orientations will integrate with the workplace culture and perform when they feel welcomed, safe and included to become a part of the organizational culture.
The program is designed to create an interactive conversation to help understand what equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) means and how people from different backgrounds and cultures may experience it in their daily lives.
It is acknowledged that there is no one perfect or certain approach to dealing with EDI. It is very much related to the existing leadership and organizational culture and what the organization aspires to be in meeting its goals.
The program will be facilitated through a mindfulness lens with a focus on unconscious biases and possible systemic barriers to inclusion and equity. The facilitator will encourage self-reflection and a compassionate inquiry into how to effect change, and overcome biases and barriers, so every member of the team is valued as a part of an inclusive culture.
The program will be facilitated in an interactive co-inquiring manner encouraging participants to actively contribute to the learning process.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand how current society and culture look at diversity and how EDI can respond
- Become aware of your values and biases and how they intersect with the organization’s values
- Understand how unconscious bias can impact the worldviews and reception of others and how being mindful and aware can help overcome biases
- Recognize and seek ways to create safe spaces to create more cultural diversity in the organization
- Learn how a mindfulness and a reflective practice can help manage emotion through change
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Increase cultural intelligence
- What does Equity, Diversity and Inclusion mean
- Systematic barriers for equity based on race, gender, sexuality and inter-generational challenges
- Interconnected and intersectional issues that overlap and could compound discrimination
- Increase cultural sensitivity in the workplace – the delta between the predominant culture, other cultures – diverse people and generations
- Early cultural conditioning and recognizing and addressing implicit or unconscious bias that may lead to taking things for granted and micro-aggression
- Emotional intelligence to recognize the implicit bias and ways to address them through mindfulness and reflection
- Mindfulness practice to go inward and transforming mental models and worldviews
- How to create a safe, secure, respectful and supportive work environment for everyone to thrive in
There are no prerequisites for this course
Anyone working in a multicultural environment or an organization wanting to learn about self, biases and how one can work to change them.
This workshop addresses:
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Emotional Intelligence
- Engagement and Motivation
- Impact / Influence
- Interpersonal Relations
- Management Excellence
- Relationship / Network Building
- Self Confidence / Self Esteem
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Values and Ethics
- Working with Others
To learn more about core competencies, click here.