Techniques for the Occasional Trainer
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Critical Competencies for Transferring Knowledge and Skills
In today’s workplace, training has taken on a broader role as more employees are now responsible for, or taking on the challenge of, training others within their department or organization. Recognizing that training and education is one of the key components to any organization’s success, whether you are providing new hire orientation, transferring knowledge or skills, or training a group of employees on a specific subject, some basic learning principles will apply.
That’s where we come in. By guiding you through the ins and outs, the tips and tricks, and the do’s and don’ts of training others, we will help you to provide an effective and positive learning experience.
This one-day course provides an essential tool-kit to help you acquire the underlying skills of an effective trainer. We will help you understand the learning and training fundamentals, and assist you in designing and delivering training that will guarantee positive results from your audience. You will also learn how to evaluate your training effectiveness, while receiving practical feedback on how to improve and hone your training skills.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of adult learning to any training session
- Formulate practical learning objectives and effective training methods
- Follow a training session structure that guarantees positive results
- Effectively transfer knowledge, skills and abilities to others
- Communicate, motivate and provide training feedback with confidence
- Measure the effectiveness of your training
Adult Learning Fundamentals
- Review Essential Adult Learning Principles
- Understand the Learning Cycle
- Recognize Learning Styles and Behaviors
- Understand Potential Barriers to Learning
- Identify Learning Retention Percentages
- Complete a Trainer Self-Assessment
- Learn the Key Techniques of Training, including the Do’s and Don’ts
- Fine-tune your Communication, Motivation and Feedback Skills
- Learn How to Handle Training Challenges
Designing, Delivering and Evaluating a Training Session
- Design a Training Session Together with Objectives, Content and Methods
- Practice Delivery of a Program
- Evaluate Training Effectiveness
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone at your workplace who is required to provide occasional training as part of their role, including Human Resources Managers; Workplace Orientation Coordinators; Training Coordinators; Product and/or Policy Developers; Volunteer Resources Managers, Subject-Matter Experts, New Managers or Supervisors.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Orientation
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Computer and Digital Technology
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Document Use
- Engagement and Motivation
- Impact and Influence
- Innovation and Initiative
- Interpersonal Relations
- Public Speaking / Presenting
- Reading Skills
- Relationship / Network Building
To learn more about core competencies, click here.