Stress Management Skills
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Proven Strategies to Take Control of Stress and Achieve Better Health and Productivity
More and more people are encountering stress, overwork, and the pressure of time constraints in their lives. Some stress is actually good for you because it inspires you to meet life’s challenges. Too much ongoing stress causes an almost continuous activation of your body’s stress-response system. The overexposure to cortisol and other stress hormones can increase your risk of obesity, insomnia, digestive problems, heart disease, depression, memory impairment, and physical illness. It is important to recognize when we are in DISTRESS. This workshop will provide practical tips and techniques to help you achieve better results and health through the effective management of distress.
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of stress management
- Recognize your stress triggers and how to manage them
- Develop proactive responses to stressful situations
- Use coping tips for managing stress both on and off the job
- Learn to manage stress through diet, sleep and other lifestyle factors
- Develop a long term action plan to minimize and better manage stress
- What are your triggers?
- Exploring common triggers
- How Science Defines Stress
- Our Perceptions and Stress
- Thought Awareness, Rational and Positive Thinking
- Happiness Studies, Gratitude and Stress Relief
- The Cost of Yes and Learning to Say No
- Increasing Productive Time and Your Long-Term Life Plan
- Easy Stress Relieving Exercises at Your Desk
- Considering your Diet
- Sleep, Exercise and Laughter Cures
- Optimism and Hope
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone under pressure who feels the negative impact of stress, and who wants to learn how to handle stress more effectively both in their work environment and personal lives.
This workshop addresses:
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management and Leadership
- Client Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Management Excellence
To learn more about core competencies, click here.