Leadership, supervisory and management
Build a Stronger and More Cohesive Team and Get Results
During our career, we are all required to work with others to reach a desired goal, and while being a part of a team can be rewarding, it can also offer challenges. Research shows that building a more positive team in the workplace makes a significant difference in both an employee’s success and well-being. This can have a significant impact on the success of your team, and organization.
This one-day workshop discusses the skills and behaviors that are necessary to develop a cohesive team that can work together to build success. This program explores what is currently working on your team, identifies team challenges, and will provide you with an opportunity to better understand yourself and your team. Discussions will focus on how creating an effective and results-focused team begins with improving communication.
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the value of building your team and the significant impact teamwork has on results
- Increase your self-awareness, helping you learn how to maximize your personal communication style
- Inspire and motivate any member of your team to create solutions
- Effectively recognize and appreciate people in a meaningful way
Why Teams May Fail
- Common frustrations attached to working on a team
- What makes a good team; attributes of effective teams
- The benefits of being on a strong team
What is Teamwork?
- Defining teamwork and what it means in your work environment
- Your role as a team member and attributes of effective team builders
- Defining your team goal and prioritizing team tasks
- Setting expectations and obtaining commitment from your team
Identifying your Personal Communication Style
- Assessing your communication style
- Recognizing and understanding why you communicate the way that you do
- How to successfully work with other communication styles on your team
- Actions to take before, during, and after you communicate with your team members
- Generational differences
- How to create an effective environment to communicate
- How to communicate assertively and the risk of passive and aggressive communication
- Overcoming barriers to active listening
- Common causes of employee disengagement
- Warning signs: what to watch for in order to prevent a team member from becoming disengaged
- Learn methods to engage your team members; how to generate passion and purpose with job tasks
- How to create an environment that fosters employee ownership and accountability
Reward and Recognition
- The benefits of encouragement and praise
- Learn how to decide what to reward
- Develop techniques to recognize and show appreciation to your teammates
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone who would like to build a stronger team, and would like to feel more connected to those they spend time with each day.