Finding Balance Through Mindfulness
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Reducing Stress and Improving Your Resiliency at Work in a VUCA World
The practice of mindfulness – centering your attention in the present by focusing on the breath – has been around for thousands of years. A growing body of scientific research demonstrates that a regular mindfulness practice can have a powerful impact on how you think, feel, act, relate, perform and collaborate at work – reducing the daily stress of life in a VUCA world – volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous.
On an individual level, mindfulness practice helps you to control your emotions – anger, frustration, fear – so you can be inquiring, thoughtful, logical, rational and strategic, and focus on the work that needs done, rather than on the situations that may distract you from your priorities. In effect, being mindful and aware allows you to be compassionate, acknowledge emotion and move towards logic and reason in any situation.
This workshop, facilitated by a long-term workplace mindfulness practitioner, will show you how to integrate mindfulness with emotional intelligence and organizational behaviour theories and tools, so you can immediately begin to enhance your own well-being and improve your relationships and effectiveness at work.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Realize how stress can be insidious – hamper your health and well-being in the long run and can get in the way of clarity of mind, good relationships and performance
- Be mindful, compassionate and reflective and gain self-knowledge in order to manage your own thoughts, emotions, stress and action
- Learn communications tools based on the breath to manage emotions and to respond with reason in difficult situations
- Learn about how mindfulness impacts on emotional intelligence
- Find balance in the way you work, and learn key techniques to positively influence difficult situations and people
- Find calm and composure throughout day-to-day uncertainties and challenges
- The insidious nature of stress
- Tuckman’s Team Development Model and how conflict is a normal part of life
- Balancing IQ with emotional and relationship intelligence to deal with conflict and work in harmony
- How mindfulness impacts emotional and relationship intelligence
- Mindfulness practices – tools and methods
- Communications and the 5 questions for clarity
There are no prerequisites for this course
Anyone who wants to improve their self-awareness and find new ways of dealing with the stress of a challenging workplace environment.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Oriented
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Client Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Decision Making / Decisiveness
- Engagement and Motivation
- Emotional Intelligence
- Impact / Influence
- Interpersonal Relations
- Relationship / Network Building
- Self Confidence / Self Esteem
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Working with Others
- Values and Ethics
To learn more about core competencies, click here.