Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence - EQ1
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Bringing Out the Best in Yourself and Others
Emotions are a key component of what makes us human. While emotions have often been seen as less important than intellectual reasoning, emotions motivate us to act, inspire us to create and connect our relationships. Our experiences shape how we understand, process and manage our emotions.
Emotional intelligence (EQ) is the ability to identify, assess and positively engage with one’s own emotions and the emotions of others. Many people have not developed the foundational building blocks to be emotionally intelligent, resulting in emotions getting in the way of our judgement, relationships, or careers. This workshop provides opportunities for participants to build emotional intelligence by focusing on developing understanding and skills in: self-awareness, emotional management, physiological and behavioural reactions, understanding the connection to values and motivations, overcoming barriers to communication, building trust, and exercising empathy. Participants can apply their new skills in EQ to their personal and professional lives.
Note: This workshop is designed to be informative and interactive. Information and concepts will be introduced and participants will have ample opportunity to discuss, exchange ideas and work in groups.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the key competencies of emotional intelligence
- Understand the benefits of emotional intelligence for successful relationships
- Build self-awareness and understanding of your emotions and triggers.
- Understand your emotional reactions and be better prepared to manage them
- Be more effective in identifying and articulating emotions in yourself and others
- Manage your behaviour for personal effectiveness in a number of scenarios
- Understand the connection between emotional intelligence and building trust with others.
- Build capacity for active listening
- Build capacity for empathy and relating
- More effectively collaborate with others
- Understand several emotional intelligent models
- Key components of Emotional Intelligence
- Benefits of EQ for personal and professional well-being.
- Personal and social competencies of emotional intelligence
- Emotional vocabulary
- High vs Low Emotional Intelligence Behaviours
Insights into EQ and Self-Awareness
- Identifying EQ in self and others
- EQ self-assessment
- Non-verbal and physiological cues
- The brain and emotional vs rational reactions
- What are emotional triggers?
- Strategies for regulating emotions and triggers
Insights into EQ and Social Competencies
- EQ for successful relationships
- EQ and building trust
- Linking motivators, needs, and values to EQ
Insights into EQ and Communications
- Emotional Barriers to Communication
- Active listening
- Connecting to others through empathy
Personal Development Tool
- Emotional Intelligence Action Plan
<p>There are no prerequisites for this course.</p>
This workshop is for anyone looking for a comprehensive introduction to the concept of emotional intelligence and practical tools that can be easily applied to work or personal life.