Learning Support / Continuous Learning Competency
Learning Support / Continuous Learning
Creating a learning environment by promoting training and professional development, along with the transfer of knowledge, skills and abilities in the workplace.
• Discussing needs, objectives and interests
• Using performance review as a tool
• Being familiar with adult learning techniques such as mentoring and coaching
• Encouraging employees to take responsibility for their learning and development
• Encouraging academic learning as a means of developing competencies
• Recognizing knowledge and skills acquired
• Providing environment where employees can further develop their skills
• Recognizing employee potential
PMC Open Enrollment Workshops addressing this competency:
Active Listening Skills
Advanced Business Writing
Business Grammar That Matters
Communicating for Results
Dealing with Difficult Behaviours
Personal Effectiveness through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1
Personal Effectiveness through Emotional Intelligence – EQ2
Skills for Effective Mentoring
Our training services
For the public:
PMC’s open enrollment workshops are available to all individuals. Workshops are delivered in-person (in Ottawa) or as a live, instructor-led session online from anywhere.
Workshop dates run throughout the year.
For your team:
PMC delivers standard or customized workshops for a team or work group from your organization. Workshops can be delivered in person at your location, or online at a time that works for you. All for a surprisingly cost-effective price.
PMC offers an extensive library of micro-learning and longer video lessons on soft skills, management and software topics accessible through desktop or mobile devices. The content is self-paced, self-directed, with individual topic choices.