Learn the Basics of Microsoft OneNote
Microsoft OneNote is a note-taking program for free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration. It gathers users’ notes, drawings, screen clippings, and audio commentaries. Notes can be shared with other OneNote users over the Internet or a network. This workshop is intended for new users of OneNote and will help you get started with this powerful program.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Explore the user interface, create, save, open, close and move around in OneNote notebooks, as well as select different views, and obtain Help.
- Insert and manage sections, pages, edit notebook properties, as well as insert various types of notes, work with page versions, and page spacing.
- Create links, apply and manage note tags, and search notebooks to locate specific notes.
- Create shared notebooks, share existing notebooks, and work with others in shared notebooks simultaneously.
- Apply, create, and use and various types of templates, as well as use various integration features that allow you to work with other programs, such as Microsoft Office applications and Internet Explorer/Microsoft Edge.
Getting Started with OneNote
- Understanding OneNote Concepts
- Getting Started
- Managing Notebooks
- Navigating and Viewing Notebooks
- Working with Sections, Pages and Notebook Properties
- Working with Note Content
- Working with Page Spacing and Page Versions
Linking, Tagging, and Locating Notes
- Creating Links Working with Note Tags
- Searching Notebooks
Collaborating with Shared Notebooks
- Sharing Notebooks
- Working with Shared Notebooks
Using Templates and Integrating with Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer
- Using Templates
- Using Linked Notes
- Using E-mail to Share Notebook Pages
- Word and PowerPoint Integration
- Outlook Integration
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is intended for new Microsoft OneNote users and One Note users looking for productivity tips.
It doesn’t matter which version you are currently using. The instructor will use the latest version but tailor it to your version.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results
- Computer and Digital Technology
- Organizational Knowledge
- Planning / Organizing
- Workload and Time Management
To learn more about core competencies, click here.