Creativity and Innovation for the Workplace
Professional development and personal effectiveness
Improving performance, job satisfaction and engagement
“There is no such thing as creative and non-creative people, only people who use creativity and people who don’t” – Brene Brown
Creativity is innate in all of us; but too many people and organizations unknowingly hinder it from flourishing. Without creativity, it is impossible to develop an innovative organization that can deliver improved services and products and maintain sustainable competitive advantage.
And the stakes have never been higher. The world is in the early stages of a new era of disruptive innovation that promises to transform every workplace and sector of society. Adaption is the new normal, and creativity is the new literacy.
Explore how using creativity strategically can help you provide powerful solutions to problems and increase motivation, job satisfaction and engagement. Learn how creativity can be harnessed at an organizational level, and, with the right process in place, serve as an engine of innovation.
Please note: There is an online assessment to be completed in advance of this workshop. We ask that participants who register less than 48 hours before the session ensure they make time to complete their online assessment prior to workshop day.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Define innovation and creativity, and identify the 4 components of creativity
- Recognize your own creativity
- Build your own creative environment
- Explain the importance of creativity and innovation in organizations
- Recognize elements that foster an innovative and creative work environment
- Use individual and group techniuques to help generate creative ideas
- Implement creative ideas
Introduction: Understanding Creativity
- Defining creativity
- The 4 P’s
- The difference between creativity and innovation
Fostering Your Own Creativity
- Evaluating your own creative ability and potential with Your Thinking Profile; FOURSIGH Innovation Tools where you’ll receive your personal FourSight™ Profile and gain insight into your preferred way of clarifying, generating, developing and implementing ideas and how you can innovate with others most effectively
- Eliminating obstacles to creativity
- Exercises and techniques to boost your creative juices
Creativity and Innovation at Work
- Why the workplace needs creativity
- Evaluate your workplace’s creative approach and opportunities
- Elements that support a creative work environment
- Deliberate creativity at work: innovation teams and integrating creativity into the strategic plan
Problem- Solving Processes and Creative Techniques
- Where creativity fits into problem-solving
- Tools and techniques for the group and individual
- Hands-on practice with workplace scenarios
Making Ideas Tangible
- The definition of Creative Product
- Innovate! Applying the creative product
- It doesn’t end there: The 5th P- Persuading others to adopt your creative ideas
There are no prerequisites for this workshop.
Anyone who wishes to foster and promote creativity and innovation in the workplace, or improve their own performance and job satisfaction by applying the creative process and techniques.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Oriented
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Creative Thinking
- Decision Making / Decisiveness
- Impact / Influence
- Innovation and Initiative
- Management Excellence
- Problem Solving
- Self Confidence / Self Esteem
To learn more about core competencies, click here.