Effective Techniques to Manage Information
Microsoft Excel is the preferred spreadsheet software for many individuals and businesses to manage their data and reporting. Yet most are only using 20% of the features of this powerful productivity tool.
During this one-day intermediate workshop you will learn and practice higher level Excel functionality to further make sense of spreadsheets and larger data sets. By using hands-on practical techniques you will be able to analyze complex data sets, organize and visualize data in simple meaningful terms, faster data list management and querying and working with corporate and personal templates.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
• Naming ranges
• Using ranges in formulas
Working with Excel templates
• Creating templates
• Saving, using and changing templates
Advanced Excel Formatting
• Advanced worksheet formatting
• Formatting workbooks
Sorting and Querying Data
• Understanding data through sorting
• Understanding data using query
• Organizing data across multiple worksheets
• Creating summary views
• Creating charts
• Working with chart types
• Creating, using and saving charting templates
Collaborate on Workbooks in New Ways
• Co-authoring workbooks
• Improved Excel services
• Accessibility checker
Protection and Sharing
• Protection of workbooks and worksheets
• Sharing of workbooks with individuals and groups
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Build on basic skills to manipulate data ranges, in worksheets and formulas
• Create, manage and work with templates to reduce repetitive work
• Apply advanced formatting techniques to workbooks an worksheets
• Work with data to sort, analyze, query and link data
• Design effective visuals for immediate effect
• Protect and share your workbook with others
Who Should Attend?
Experienced MS Excel users who are frustrated by working with simple spreadsheets and charts and want to increase both their comfort and productivity with this versatile and powerful spreadsheet tool.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21