MS Excel (2016, 2019, 365) - Level 1
Effective Techniques to Manage Information
Microsoft Excel is the preferred spreadsheet software for many individuals and businesses to manage their data and reporting. Yet most are only using 20% of the features of this powerful productivity tool.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn the basics of creating, modifying, formatting and printing worksheets. You will learn to use basic formulas and functions and manage large workbooks to analyze and understand data.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Enter and edit data
- Format data, cells and sheets
- Use basic formulas and functions
- Page setup and print worksheets
Creating a Basic Worksheet
- Navigate and select in Excel
- Customize the interface
- Create basic formulas
- Calculate with functions
- Copy formulas and functions
Modifying a Worksheet
- Manipulate data
- Insert and delete cells, columns, rows
- Search for data
Formatting a Worksheet
- Modifying a worksheet’s appearance, fonts, borders, colours
- Column width and row height
- Apply number formats
- Cell styles
Printing Workbook Contents
- Print workbook contents
- Setting print options and page breaks
Managing Large Workbooks
- Format worksheet tabs
- Manage worksheets
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Anyone who has in interest in learning the productivity software MS Excel for analyzing and making sense of large amounts of data.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Orientation
- Computer and Digital Technology
- Document Use
- Planning / Organizing
- Working with Data and Numbers
To learn more about core competencies, click here.