MS Excel (2016, 2019, 365) - Level 2
Effective techniques to manage information
Microsoft Excel is the preferred spreadsheet software for many individuals and businesses to manage their data and reporting. Yet most are only using 20% of the features of this powerful productivity tool.
During this intermediate program you will learn and practice higher level Excel functionality to further made sense of spreadsheets and larger data sets. By using hands-on practical techniques you will be able to analyze complex data sets, organize and visualize data in simple meaningful terms, faster data list management and querying and working with corporate and professional templates.
By the end of this virtual workshop, you will be able to:
- Build on basic skills to manipulate data ranges
- Use more advanced formulas and understand absolute referencing
- Apply advanced formatting
- Work with data to sort, analyze, filter and sub-total
- Create charts
- Protect worksheets
- Creating names
- Using names in formulas
Advanced Excel Formatting
- Advanced worksheet formatting
- Conditional Formatting
- Table structure and data validation
- Understand data through sorting and filtering
- Organizing data across multiple worksheets
- Creating summary views
- Creating charts
- Working with chart types
- Creating, using and saving charting templates
- Sparklines and Slicers
Protection and Sharing
- Protection of workbooks and worksheets
- Sharing of workbooks with individuals and groups
More Advanced Functions
- Logical, statistical, date and time and percentages
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Experienced MS Excel users who are frustrated by working with simple spreadsheets and charts and want to increase both their comfort and productivity with this versatile and powerful spreadsheet tool.
This workshop addresses:
- Achievement / Results Orientation
- Computer and Digital Technology
- Document Use
- Planning / Organizing
- Working with Data and Numbers
To learn more about core competencies, click here.