Effective Techniques to Manage Information
Microsoft Excel is the preferred spreadsheet software for many individuals and businesses to manage their data and reporting. Yet most are only using 20% of the features of this powerful productivity tool.
In this one-day workshop, you will learn the basics of creating, modifying, formatting and printing worksheets. You will learn to use basic formulas and functions and manage large workbooks to analyze and understand data.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Creating a Basic Worksheet
• Navigate and select in Excel
Microsoft Office Backstage View
• Enter data and save a workbook
• Customize the toolbar
• Create basic formulas
• Calculate with functions
• Copy formulas and functions
Modifying a Worksheet
• Manipulate data
• Insert and delete cells, columns, rows
• Search for data
Formatting a Worksheet
• Modifying a worksheet’s appearance: fonts, borders, colours
• Column width and row height
• Apply number formats
• Cell styles
Printing Workbook Contents
• Print workbook contents
• Setting print options and page breaks
Managing Large Workbooks
• Format worksheet tabs
• Manage worksheets
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Work with Excel to enter and manage data
• Set up tables, sort data and work with row and column totals
• Calculate using Excel formulas
• Modify, format and print worksheets
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has an interest in learning the productivity software MS Excel for analyzing and making sense of large amounts of data.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21