Maximizing Human Potential in the Workplace
Employee engagement is not a new concept. Lessons from psychology and the sociology of organizations have been with us for decades. What is new is the realization that various issues of policy, program, culture, leadership and several other factors form a strategic whole which can either maximize the full potential of “employee engagement” or detract from the psychological contract that drives performance.
Surveys in Canada suggest that only two or three employees out of 10 are fully engaged in their work, yet 90% welcome challenges that allow them to grow. This stunning contradiction gets to the heart of the importance of employee engagement.
This workshop deals with the broader issues of employee engagement but focuses specifically on equipping Managers and Supervisors with the understanding, tools and behaviours to maximize engagement within their area of responsibility. Tapping into discretionary effort is a critical management skill in our competitive world. This workshop will equip you to significantly enhance your ability to leverage actions and behaviours into high levels of commitment and engagement.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Course language: English
- Data … and plenty of it!
- Primary drivers
- Why executives should care
- What HR cannot do
- The changing role of managers
- Recruitment implications and turnover costs
- Links to talent management
- Self-assessment and feedback diagnostic
- Key factors in achieving high levels of engagement
- High speed—high impact recognition
- Generational differences
- 10 principles of employee engagement
- The leadership imperative
- Addressing various levels of engagement
Engagement and Performance
- Why Herzberg matters!
- Job satisfaction and performance
- Toxic factors that kill motivation
- Tapping into discretionary effort
- Critical do’s and don’ts
Personal Action Planning
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand what “employee engagement” means
- Understand the evidence that makes it matter
- Know what factors are critical in achieving high levels of employee engagement
- Know the critical actions and behaviours that positively impact engagement
- Be equipped to manage employees at various levels of engagement
- Be able to assume your level of responsibility for delivering engagement in your area of responsibility
Who Should Attend?
This workshop will be of specific value to Managers and Supervisors who wish to develop the insights, understanding and skills to maximize employee engagement. The program will also be of value to HR professionals who wish to explore the subject as it relates to their responsibilities.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21