How to Succeed in All Steps of the Appointment Process
Are you interested in accessing promotion opportunities and evolving in your public service career? To succeed, you need to have a good understanding of the Public Service Appointment Framework, in order to properly present your knowledge and job experience.
At this workshop you will follow the lifecycle of the candidate application process (from résumé to assessment and selection), emphasizing the key “gates” that candidates need to pass through to make it to the next level of consideration.
The course is interactive, with exercises such as interview practice with typical questions that may present a challenge for participants. A sample statement of merit criteria will be used to identify standards for preparing applications and cover letters.
This workshop is designed and delivered by an instructor with an in-depth understanding of Public Service Commission guidelines for staffing, and reflects years of practical experience guiding a number of government organizations in the implementation of staffing activities.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
- Introduction to the Appointment Framework – lifecycle overview and success factors from a candidate perspective
- Understanding and responding to the Statement of Merit Criteria
- Formatting the résumé and cover letter
- Test taking strategies and tips
- The concept and practice of structured interviews
- Closing the loop with references
- Staffing Recourse
- Questions and Answers
- Useful resources for planning next steps
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the full lifecycle of the Appointment Framework for the Public Service
- Have a greater sense of confidence about your ability to participate and succeed in federal government appointment processes.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is considering applying for a position within the federal government.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21