Tools and Techniques to Make Your Presentations Memorable
Delivering presentations that engage an audience and convey a clear, persuasive and influential message can be a challenge for any presenter. Too often, PowerPoint is being used as a teleprompter for the presenter, and the audience is left uninspired, seeing bullet after bullet of text being spoken by the presenter.
Upon completing this workshop, you will be skilled at preparing, planning and delivering compelling presentations using PowerPoint, that will structurally present your information in a clear and logical order, and visually capture your audiences’ attention and motivate them to act.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Understanding your Audience
• A well-crafted presentation will only be impactful if it has been designed with the audience in mind. Knowing who the audience is, their interests, their motivators, their fears, their level of knowledge of the subject, to name only a few, are critical in the presentation building stage.
• You will learn how to plan and organize a presentation for maximum impact, based on your solid knowledge of your audience.
Simple Techniques for Pulling your Ideas Together
• Learn how to effectively brainstorm your presentation topic using Mind Mapping techniques to pull together ideas and build a presentation structure that is balanced and logical.
• Discover the power of using presentation opening and closing techniques that will capture your audience’s attention from your very first words and keep them wanting to hear more.
• Learn to design presentation that will be memorable for your audience. Based on adult learning techniques, and presentation retention studies, learn the design elements and concepts that will improve your audience’s retention of your content.
• Learn to effectively use imagery to compliment and support your verbal message. Understand the effectiveness of simplicity in design, the rules related to colour, fonts, graphics and images.
• Learn to use Storyboarding techniques to refine and edit your presentation and create a flow of ideas that are presented in a logical order. The art of Storyboarding, long used in the film industry, allows you to layout your ideas on paper first, to visually see the flow and content of your presentation, along with rough ideas of the visuals you believe will support the message.
Hands-on PowerPoint Techniques
• Learn to use the many features of PowerPoint to build your well-crafted presentation based on the knowledge and techniques learned.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Analyze your audience so that your presentation can be created in a way to best cater and influence that group, based on their knowledge, level of interest and expectations
• Quickly prepare memorable, persuasive text
• Design a well-structured presentation for maximum retention and impact
• Use attention getting, impactful, presentation opening and closing techniques
• Replace the clutter of bullet point text with images that can more effectually convey your message
• Use PowerPoint features to create memorable presentations
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21