Tools and Techniques to Maximize Job Satisfaction in your Current Role
We spend a large proportion of our lives at work. At a basic level most of us are motivated by a need to make a living. At a deeper level our work contributes to our sense of identity and self-worth. So first and foremost it is in our own self-interest to do all that we can to make our work lives fulfilling and meaningful. Every job offers some opportunity to expand our job satisfaction, and employment in the public sector offers unique opportunities and challenges toward this end.
This two-day program will give participants the understanding, tools and techniques to maximize job satisfaction in their current roles while encouraging competence, a spirit of pride and a greater sense of value in the important work of the public service.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 2 days
• Participant Scenarios
• Why our Work Matters
• Defining “Job Satisfaction”
• Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors Affecting Job Satisfaction
• Things We Can Influence; Things We Cannot
• Role Effectiveness Considerations in Maximizing Job Fit and Satisfaction
• Participant Assessment of Job Satisfaction / Dissatisfaction
• Focusing on Priorities and Goals
• Generating Ideas to Achieve Goals
• Personality Traits that Affect our Capacity to Experience Meaning in our Work
– Extraversion vs. introversion
– Co-operation vs. antagonism
– Self-directed vs. undirected
– Anxiety vs. even tempered
– Openness to change vs. resistant
• Attitude Check—Overcoming Negative Culture Norms
• How People Change and Develop
• Creating Your Job Satisfaction Development Plan
How to Sell Your Development Plan
– Your assertive / responsive profile
– Building a win-win with your boss
– Job satisfaction and performance
– Personal responsibility
• Review of Development Plans
• Summary of Key Learning
• Why Public Service Matters!
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Understand the elements of job satisfaction and your own motivational drivers
• Through factor analysis, process, learning and discussion, be equipped to realistically improve your job satisfaction and find greater fulfillment in your work
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who wants to improve job satisfaction in their current role in the public service.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21