How to Create a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
Diversity at Work is about employees with different:
• Family needs and obligations
• Physical abilities and accommodation requirements
• Religious practices and restrictions
• Medical conditions
• Sexual orientations and preferences
• Environmental sensitivities
• Racial and ethnic backgrounds
• Cultural preferences and sensibilities
Diversity at work is about ALL of us.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1/2 day
• Definition and components of a diverse workforce
• Demographics: how diverse is our community?
• Human rights and responsibilities in a diverse workplace
• Definition of discrimination, examples and exceptions
• How to meaningfully incorporate diversity into the workplace
• Definition and limits of Duty to Accommodate
• How to resolve real-life ‘diversity’ scenarios with fair, innovative and equitable solutions
• Benefits and challenges of diversity in the workforce
• How to create a respectful and inclusive workplace
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Meaningfully incorporate diversity into the workplace to create a respectful and inclusive working environment
Who Should Attend?
Diversity at Work is a half-day training workshop applicable for all staff including managers, human resources advisors and employees who work within a diverse environment or who provide service to a diverse clientele – whether internal or external.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21