Supporting the Government’s Results and Delivery Agenda
This two-day workshop is designed to provide you with tools, templates and a lexicon for developing and implementing a performance measurement framework that is used to support planning, priority setting and investment decisions. Through robust and useful results framework and performance information profiles, you’ll learn techniques for supporting the Government’s Results and Delivery Agenda.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 2 days
Course language: English
• Building buy-in and engaging executives
• Establishing a foundation for delivery
• Educating the organization on performance measurement principles, rules and conventions
• Mapping the program logic
• Arriving at the critical few indicators
• Building a balanced performance framework
• Linking resources to results
• Understanding the delivery challenge
• Building strong plans to deliver on aspirations and target metrics
• Putting in place routines to drive delivery
• Creating an irreversible delivery culture
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• The difference between inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes, indicators, targets, baselines and benchmarks
• How to build a strong program logic model and theory of change
• The attributes of a strong indicator
• How to arrive at the “critical few” performance indicators
• How to integrate performance and risk
• How to test performance indicators for feasibility
• How to develop robust targets
• How to ensure that your performance framework becomes repeatable
• How to analyze performance patterns, discover drivers and root causes of non-performance and arrive at interventions to close the most important performance gaps
• How to report on performance indicators in a meaningful way
• How to integrate Deliverology principles and tools to take your performance measurement implementations to another level
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for policy analysts, program officers, results-based management subject-matter experts, executives, managers and those working in audit and program evaluation.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21