Techniques and Skills to Organize and Deliver Persuasive and Influential Presentations
In this one-day workshop class participants will examine, discuss and practice the skills necessary to organize and deliver persuasive and influential presentations. The course teaches three areas of presentation skills:
• the components of organizing a presentation
• the interpersonal components of delivering a presentation
• the technical components of several visual media
You will learn practical skills that will have an immediate impact on your organization. You can expect a relaxed and non-threatening learning environment, and we limit class size to encourage maximum participation and feedback.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
Planning and Organizing
In this module you will learn to properly plan and organize your presentation to the extent that you will be knowledgeable about your audience, as well as how the audience processes information.
Pulling the Ideas Together
In this module you will learn to use mind mapping techniques to brainstorm topics of the presentation,and put on paper all of the ideas you would like to incorporate in your presentation, as evaluated by the mind map activity.
Opening and Closing
In this module you will learn to plan the opening and closing of your presentation.
In this module you will learn to appreciate design elements and concepts, to the extent that you will effectively use images, use the visual part of your presentation to compliment/support your verbal message, not to complicate its effectiveness or simplicity. You’ll also learn the rules related to colour, font, and script use.
In this module you will build your story from elements identified in the mind map. To this extent you will lay out your full presentation with each slide topic and supporting visuals identified, as evaluated by a partner.
Psychology of Public Speaking
In this module you will learn to appreciate the elements within the delivery of a presentation, outside of the content itself, that can negatively or positively influence the delivery of the method. To this extent you will learn how to deal with presentation anxiety, how to communicate effectively, non-verbally and verbally, how to project and use your voice, and how to create a positive, confident demeanor.
In this module you will learn how to deliver a powerful and influential presentation, to the extent that you will feel comfortable and competent with your delivery.
By the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
• Effectively plan, prepare, organize and design powerful presentations to enlighten your audience and not overwhelm them
• Structure your information in a clear, engaging manner
• Apply simple and effective techniques for designing a presentation
• Learn how the use of visuals can significantly improve the absorption of your message
• Gain design tips to magnify clarity and create powerful slides
• Organize your slides to make information flow
• Control and manage the natural anxiety that often accompanies a presentation
• Utilize effective voice inflection, pacing and articulation to project credibility to audience members
• Project your voice more effectively and ensure that audience members can hear the message being delivered
• Control your body language and facial expressions so they deliver a more natural presentation
• Maintain a positive and confident demeanor before audiences
• Deliver an entire presentation with ease and comfort
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21