Integrating Strategic, Operational and Workforce Planning for Optimum Results
This twp-day course will provide you with a practical experience of the Business Planning process from a Design Thinking perspective, to reflect current business changes and resource constraints.
Business Planning is a way to “design” and manage work within changing constraints. This interactive workshop will develop your knowledge, confidence and practical skills to plan your work activities as a “design thinker” in times of change.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 2 days
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• An integrated perspective on multiple components of the business environment that need to be addressed to prepare a sound business plan
• Learned about updated frameworks that explain how to plan in situations of turbulence and complexity, while developing resilience in times of restraint
• Produced a sample business plan that includes an environmental scan, identification of priorities and risks, implementation requirements and measures of success
• Experienced Business Planning as a creative and collaborative prototyping experience
Designing for the Future
• Review of planning components: vision, processes, structure, people
• How to turn upheaval into opportunity
• How to develop assumptions about resources, risks and success in an era of restraint
• How to think strategically and creatively about the future
Designing the Plan
• Making the planning experience worthwhile
• How to use the toolbox of design thinking to plan in a way that is more adaptive, creative, and responsive to client and employee needs
• Design lab: prototyping a business plan to meet your mandate:
– What are the right questions to ask?
– What strengths can you build on?
• The benefits of learning while doing – research, collaboration, reflection
• Defining metrics for results and impact, and creating a baseline of data
• Incorporating organizational requirements such as MAF (Management Accountability Framework), and public sector values
• Becoming a more effective planner in times of transition
Who Should Attend This Course?
Management and staff who need to integrate strategic, operational and workforce planning.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21