Learn and Practice Supportive and Inclusive Communication Within Interactions
This workshop is designed to support professionals in creating an ongoing respectful and collaborative workplace. Participants will learn to recognize uncivil behaviors and how to correct them as well as how to practice supportive and inclusive communication within all interactions.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: Half-day
Course language: English or French
Module 1: Why Practice Civility?
• What is the Meaning of Civility?
• What are the Costs of Incivility in the Workplace? (Facilitated discussion)
• 2 Reasons to Practice Civility in the Workplace
Participants will be invited to work in groups to determine:
• Causes of Uncivil Behavior
• Examples of Uncivil Behavior
(Note: there are 10 markers of uncivil behavior to be addressed within this exercise.)
Module 2: Defining Effective Work Etiquette Group Exercise
Participants will be invited to work in groups to determine examples and behaviors of effective work etiquette
• Within colleague-to-colleague interactions
• When chairing and attending meetings
• Via e-mail
Module 3: The 6 Skills of Supportive and Inclusive Communication
• Telling vs. Asking Mode
• Active Listening Skills (with emphasis on the practice of empathy)
• Vital Non-Verbals (includes tone and body language)
• Collaboration and Compromise
• Praise and Encouragement
• Respectful Feedback (6 step model)
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21