How to Sell Your Ideas and Influence Decision-Makers
We live in a service and information age where innovation, creative ideas and insightful strategies make the difference in organizational success or failure. Whether in government, non-profit or business sectors, the appetite for ideas that will improve service, expand markets or enhance profits is virtually insatiable. This reality is recognized in what many employers refer to as their “intellectual” capital. The problem is that many of us have little idea as to how to move an idea from fantasy to reality.
This workshop will equip individuals to research, test and structure their ideas in a way which will maximize the chances of acceptance and success.
Throughout life there are constant opportunities to positively influence future events. This workshop will enable you to be the person that makes a difference.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
The 4-D Framework
- Understanding vision and the ideas economy
- Getting your head in the game—intellectual leadership
- Entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship
- Why not you?—Your positioning statement
- Test driving your idea
- Scoping and defining the proposition
- Dealing with cynics, doubters and naysayers
- The strategic and operational context
- What works now? What doesn’t?
- The cultural / relational / political environment
- Using a force field analysis
- Getting the timing right
- The decision makers—why they buy—what they buy—the way they buy
- Lessons from “The Dragon’s Den”
Developing—“The Business Case”
- Critical errors in developing a business case
- Key financial terminology
- Elements of a business case
- Current situation / opportunity
- Articulating the proposal
- Developing alternatives and recommending action
- Cost / resource / risk analysis
- Benefit / opportunity / ROI analysis
- Consequences of inaction
- Conclusions and recommended action
- Supporting facts / data/ research
- Structuring the proposal
- Anticipating objections
- What to do if they say yes?
- What you need to know—knowledge
- What you need to learn—skill
- What you need to do—behaviour
- Graduating to management and leadership
At the end of this workshop, you will be able to:
- Significantly enhance their ability to influence decision makers
- Take an idea from inception to implementation
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21