Women’s Transformational Leadership Certificate Program
Leadership, supervisory and management
With PMC’s Women’s Transformation Leadership Certificate Program, you will be able to gain a unique perspective on leadership and personal challenges while identifying opportunities and tapping into the power of positivity. By building community and elevating our work, we become more impactful and confident in our ability to make a difference. Recognizing we have lots in common regardless of our varied backgrounds is a good way to learn how to bring our team together.
Unlike other leadership programs, this program addition to learning leadership skills will also focus on the 9 types of leadership using the enneagram, one of the best tools available to understand our unique makeup is the Enneagram of Personality. Enneagram, derived from the Greek word ennéa or nine, predicates that human personalities can fall into one of nine separate personality types. Discovering your Enneagram type is a great way to recognize your personality tendencies and how they affect interaction with others. Delivered by a multi-certified Enneagram instructor, this course will bring alive the importance of understanding the 9 types of leadership styles and how to communicate with each style.
By the end of this seminar, you will be learn to:
- Recognize and overcome the barriers women leaders face today: Women remain underrepresented in top leadership positions worldwide. A woman’s ability to succeed in leadership positions depends on her ability to navigate the external and internal challenges she faces.
- Improve your leadership skills: Learn different styles to adapt to an individual’s, team’s, or company’s situation.
- Communicate with power: Develop leadership presence with effective verbal and non-verbal skills learned.
- Build an authentic leadership style: Establish a self-development plan to identify your strengths and guide your growth and success in the future.
Join a cohort of diverse women seeking to add value to their organization. To ensure a safe learning environment, groups are kept small.
- Leadership Assessment – fill out an assessment to determine your current skills as a leader and what you would like to work on.
- Enneagram Assessment – fill out an assessment to determine what may be your home personality and how as a leader you can work well with others.
Day 1 and 2 (In person in Ottawa)
- The value of women in leadership: the evolution of leadership for women – Explore how historical and cultural constructs shape belief systems of what it means to be a woman in the workplace.
- Developing a Leadership Style – Explore the Enneagram (a dynamic personality system, describing nine different patterns of thinking, feeling, and acting. 9 different types of leadership.
- Develop your leadership presence – Explore the role of non-verbal cues and emotional intelligence in developing a leadership presence.
- Communication and conflict management – Explore the verbal skills required for effective leadership.
Day 3 and 4 (Virtual via Zoom)
- Reflect on Your Values – Explore values-driven leadership.
- Overcoming inner obstacles to success – Explore how your inner dialogue is produced and how to navigate imposter syndrome if and/or when it presents itself.
- Leadership Perspectives and Strategic Thinking Skills – Explore how you can use problem framing and reframing to solve problems.
- Empowering Others to Succeed – Explore how to create and support a learning environment through coaching.
Post-Program (Virtual via Zoom)
- 45-minute live virtual, one on one, coaching session customized to your needs. Once you register, PMC will contact you to pick a time slot. (Please note that once the timeslot has been booked with the instructor, should you wish to change the time and or date, we might not be able to guarantee another time slot due to limited instructor availability.)
- Women or people identifying as women
- Anyone who is interested in developing a working knowledge of women in leadership strategies.
- Anyone who is a current manager interested in enhancing the performance of your role and achieving organizational goals.
- Anyone aspiring to transition into a leadership position in the future
- Any woman/person identifying as a woman interested in leadership