Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Facilitates skill development by providing clear, behaviorally specific performance feedback, and by making or eliciting specific suggestions for improvement in a manner that builds confidence and maintains self-esteem.
• Willingly shares personal experiences and knowledge to help raise individual and team performance
• Works with team and individuals to set challenging performance goals that reflect organizational values and business plan
• Regularly provides genuine and positive recognition for efforts that achieve the desired results
• Has the ability to deliver constructive feedback resulting in positive action and/or change
• Helps others to find their own solutions by showing them the right questions to ask, rather than providing the answers
• Sincere interest and desire to help
• Continuous learner of themselves and their experiences
• Seeing coaching as a two way interchange of energies and learnings
• Holding themselves and others accountable
• Modeling behaviour conducive to professional growth and development
PMC Open Enrollment Workshops addressing this competency:
Delegation Skills for the Workplace
Management Skills for Admin Professionals
Managing for Superior Results 1: Fundamentals of Supervision
Managing Remote Teams
Managing Skills for Non-Managers – Level 1
Managing Skills for Non-Managers – Level 2
Powerful Coaching Skills: How to Create a High Performing Team
Techniques for the Occasional Trainer
The Outstanding Administrative Assistant
Using Positive Influencing Skills in the Workplace
Our training services
For the public:
PMC’s open enrollment workshops are available to all individuals. Workshops are delivered in-person (in Ottawa) or as a live, instructor-led session online from anywhere.
Workshop dates run throughout the year.
For your team:
PMC delivers standard or customized workshops for a team or work group from your organization. Workshops can be delivered in person at your location, or online at a time that works for you. All for a surprisingly cost-effective price.
PMC offers an extensive library of micro-learning and longer video lessons on soft skills, management and software topics accessible through desktop or mobile devices. The content is self-paced, self-directed, with individual topic choices.