Developing a professional relationship in which an experienced person (the mentor), assists another (the mentee), in developing specific skills and knowledge that will enhance the less-experienced person’s professional and personal growth.
• Critical Self Awareness
• Conceptual thinking including identifying patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related
• Practice active listening and facilitate the development of insight without imposing personal views, opinions or recommendations
• Builds long-standing ethical networks of resources which may be helpful in achieving professional goals
• Relates and works effectively within a cross-cultural context
• Builds commitment in self and others around strategic objectives that enhance the broader goals of the organizations
• Models collective success rather than individual success
PMC Open Enrollment Workshops addressing this competency:
Active Listening Skills
Assertiveness and Conflict Resolution
Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
Critical Thinking and Creative Problem-Solving
Delegation Skills for the Workplace
Making the Transition from Co-Worker to Team Leader
Managing and Leading with Emotional Intelligence
Managing Difficult Conversations
Managing Remote Teams
Powerful Coaching Skills: How to Create a High Performing Team
Techniques for the Occasional Trainer
Using Positive Influencing Skills in the Workplace
Our training services
For the public:
PMC’s open enrollment workshops are available to all individuals. Workshops are delivered in-person (in Ottawa) or as a live, instructor-led session online from anywhere.
Workshop dates run throughout the year.
For your team:
PMC delivers standard or customized workshops for a team or work group from your organization. Workshops can be delivered in person at your location, or online at a time that works for you. All for a surprisingly cost-effective price.
PMC offers an extensive library of micro-learning and longer video lessons on soft skills, management and software topics accessible through desktop or mobile devices. The content is self-paced, self-directed, with individual topic choices.