Limited space is still available for the March 20-21 session. Please call Leila at 613-234-2020 ext. 18 or email email@example.com to check availability and to register.
Almost everyone encounters overwork and the pressure of time constraints — even the most organized person can sometimes feel overwhelmed and frustrated. This workshop will introduce you to practical ‘how-to’ techniques to help you achieve better results, both at work and in your personal life. You will learn how to organize your time effectively and utilize self-management habits that lead to increased productivity both on and off the job.
You’ll complete a 21 point self-assessment that will help you understand your personal style of time management, learn how to make that style work for you rather than against you, and work more productively with people who manage their time differently.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Apply the basic principles and concepts of time management
- Identify and overcome obstacles to successful time management
- Know the difference between reactive and proactive planning
- Create personal scheduling strategies to improve effectiveness
- Juggle multiple priorities, projects and deadlines
- Conquer procrastination
Please follow and like us:
Time Management Overview
- What does it really mean to manage your time?
- The consequences of poor time management
- How well do you manage your time? A self analysis: work and home
- Pinpointing obstacles
Personal Time and Self-Management Skills
- Identifying common time wasters
- Dealing effectively with interruptions
- How to deal with drop-in visitors
- How to shorten phone calls
- Understanding the difference between excellence and perfection
- Learning when and how to say no using positive language
- Optimize internal communication to avoid wasting time
- Why should you use a time log?
- Learning to delegate
- Meetings and more meetings
Getting Organized: Planning for Results
- The importance of planning
- Using to-do lists to keep you on track
- Prioritizing with a Time Matrix
- Efficient use of calendars and personal organizers
- Managing your priorities versus other people’s priorities
- Planning for the unexpected
- The difference between procrastination and justifiable delay
- Three tips to overcome the procrastination habit
- Get control of your email
- Four effective email writing tips to save time
Health, Stress and Time Management
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Those under pressure who want to gain better control of their workday, and learn to use the time available more efficiently and productively.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Document Use
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Reading Skills
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Workload and Time Management