Project Management Competency
The discipline of planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of a specific project.
• Initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing projects
• Identifying the key activities, dependencies and milestones in a project
• Developing critical paths, monitoring and reviewing impacts of performance or changes
• Scheduling resources and assigning tasks to meet project objectives
• Using specialized project management methodology and tools
• Managing project costs and/or deliverables
• Reporting on results and/or lessons learned
PMC Open Enrollment Workshops addressing this competency:
Active Listening Skills
Advanced Event Planning
Communicating for Results
Microsoft Word 2016™ – Level 2
Performance Measurement and Evaluation
Practical Time and Workload Management
Project Management 101
Project Management Skills for Administrative Professionals
Our training services
For the public:
PMC’s open enrollment workshops are available to all individuals. Workshops are delivered in-person (in Ottawa) or as a live, instructor-led session online from anywhere.
Workshop dates run throughout the year.
For your team:
PMC delivers standard or customized workshops for a team or work group from your organization. Workshops can be delivered in person at your location, or online at a time that works for you. All for a surprisingly cost-effective price.
PMC offers an extensive library of micro-learning and longer video lessons on soft skills, management and software topics accessible through desktop or mobile devices. The content is self-paced, self-directed, with individual topic choices.