Stress Management Skills – 1 Day Online Workshop (PV727)
Proven Strategies to Take Control of Stress and Achieve Better Health and Productivity
This course will be delivered two ways:
• Live, instructor-led session online
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
More and more people are encountering stress, overwork, and the pressure of time constraints in their lives. Some stress is actually good for you because it inspires you to meet life’s challenges. Too much ongoing stress causes an almost continuous activation of your body’s stress-response system. The overexposure to cortisol and other stress hormones can increase your risk of obesity, insomnia, digestive problems, heart disease, depression, memory impairment, and physical illness. It is important to recognize when we are in DISTRESS. This workshop will provide practical tips and techniques to help you achieve better results and health through the effective management of distress.
This is a one-day virtual live workshop.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this virtual workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the basic principles of stress management
- Recognize your stress triggers and how to manage them
- Develop proactive responses to stressful situations
- Use coping tips for managing stress both on and off the job
- Learn to manage stress through diet, sleep and other lifestyle factors
- Develop a long term action plan to minimize and better manage stress
- What are your triggers?
- Exploring common triggers
How Science Defines Stress
Our Perceptions and Stress
Thought Awareness, Rational and Positive Thinking
Happiness Studies, Gratitude and Stress Relief
The Cost of Yes and Learning to Say No
Increasing Productive Time and Your Long-Term Life Plan
Easy Stress Relieving Exercises at Your Desk
Considering your Diet
Sleep, Exercise and Laughter Cures
Optimism and Hope
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone under pressure who feels the negative impact of stress, and who wants to learn how to handle stress more effectively both in their work environment and personal lives.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
- Adaptability / Flexibility
- Analytical Thinking
- Change Management and Leadership
- Client Service
- Conflict Resolution
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
- Emotional Intelligence
- Management Excellence