A recent study suggested that the average office worker receives 190 pieces of information a day and wastes as much as 150 hours a year looking for “stuff”. Another study suggests that at least 10% of all documents are lost or misfiled.
With information overload growing and budgets tight, you can’t afford the wasted time and lost productivity that comes from a cluttered desk, messy files, or no system of personal organization.
At this workshop, you’ll develop organizational skills: learn to how to streamline daily tasks, organize personal space, effectively use calendars, communicate using the appropriate means, and more.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- List barriers to successful organization
- Explain strategies for reducing clutter
- Develop an action plan for reducing clutter
- Understand and demonstrate the use of to-do lists and the ABC prioritization technique
- Explain the benefits and drawbacks of various calendar systems
- Understand methods for reducing electronic and paper mail
- Manage voicemail to reduce time spent checking messages
- Write SMART goals and explain their benefit
- Begin implementing goals created during the session
Please follow and like us:
- Participants will identify their organizational pitfalls, explore the benefits of being organized, and understand the importance of respecting themselves enough to adopt new work habits
Cleaning out Personal Space
- Techniques for understanding office tools and setting up the office. These techniques help reduce or eliminate unneeded paperwork, files, pictures, notes, personal treasures, and other items that clutter workspace
Controlling Clutter on Your Computer
- Techniques for organizing electronic files, folders and email
- Matching paper and electronic files for easy retrieval
Calendars, Lists, Personal Organizers
- How to stay on top of appointments, keep track of contacts, and other critical information. The instructor will emphasize selecting the right format (electronic or paper), deciding on the right size, and setting up a system that is flexible, easy-to-use, and convenient
Effective Office Communication
- Techniques for handling all types of communication – voice mail, email and snail mail — for maximum effectiveness
- Guidelines for establishing e-mail best practices
Goal-Setting for Peak Performance
- Setting short and long term S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Applying these goals to your task system
- Effective delegation
- Creating a personal action plan for getting organized and staying organized
- Include physical, electronic and task management in this plan
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who has felt the frustration of being overworked, overcommitted or overwhelmed and wants to develop an effective system for staying organized.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Computer and Digital Technology
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Document Use
• Innovation and Initiative
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Reading Skills
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Workload and Time Management