DISC Personality Style Training to Enhance Team Work!
The foundation of personal and professional success lies in understanding oneself, understanding others, and realizing the impact our personalities have on others. The DISC Personality Test is a multi-purpose learning instrument that helps individuals assess to what degree they use each dimension of behaviour, in any given situation. DISC is a very simple and memorable model, made up of four basic personality types: D, I, S, and C.
Origins of DISC
Both DISC Personality Profiles and Myers Briggs (MBTI) are based on the work of Carl Jung, the psychiatrist known for founding analytical psychology and for developing key personality concepts such as introversion and extroversion. DISC was further developed by William Moulton Marston, who divided the personalities into four quadrants along two axes. Interestingly, he also discovered that when people lie, their blood pressure changes. He was instrumental in the invention of the polygraph.
Additionally, DISC and Myers-Briggs (MBTI) both measure our “hard wired” behavioural styles – as in, how we behave naturally in our “comfort zone”.
About This Course
The goal of this workshop is not to change who you are, but to learn how to adapt your behaviour to the situation at hand. This enables us to to facilitate good communication and ensure the best possible interaction with others.
In this course, participants begin by completing an online DISC personality test in advance of the training session. This takes approximately 15 minutes. Individual DISC Personality Assessments are then made available at the classroom workshop.
The emphasis of this highly interactive course is to build stronger teams. This is done through an appreciation of the strength each person’s personality brings to the team. From understanding the DISC model to learning about individual styles and developing the skills of style reading, participants will also gain valuable insight into how to adapt for each style.
During the course, participants will reflect on their detailed personality report. Specifically, they will explore their personality by looking at strengths, areas of development, and preferences in a variety of work situations. They will also reflect on how people with their personality style typically interact with other personality styles.
This workshop also includes a number of team building activities that allow participants to explore their personalities “in action”. These activities deepen team connections and heighten awareness of individual communication and problem-solving preferences.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Our DISC workshop helps individuals, leaders and teams to:
• Discover strengths of each DISC personality style
• Identify and use the strengths of others
• Deal with conflict effectively by learning adaptive behaviours
• Enhance team work, reduce team conflict and minimize misunderstandings
• Improve communication skills by determining communication styles
• Motivate self and others
Benefits of Understanding DISC Personality Profiles:
• Provides a common language to help teams understand one another and work better together
• Acts as a springboard for conversation and team building
• Develop strategies to maximize cooperation
• Taking only about 15 minutes to complete, our online DISC personality test uses the most advanced assessment method to quickly analyze a person’s responses and provide the most personalized DISC feedback possible
• All of our DISC personality assessments are application-focused. The feedback is presented to you as a leader, manager, or individual contributor
• DISC solutions are frequently used as stand-alone tools, but can also be paired with other well-known personality assessments like Myers-Briggs (MBTI), True Colours and Caliper
The DISC personality assessment is one of the most useful tools for any organization, in addition to being incredibly fun! Help your team understand each other better, work better together, reduce conflict, and communicate more effectively with a DISC training session today.
For more information or to book a DISC Personality Profiles workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21