Report Writing (P760)
Powerful Reports and Winning Proposals in Less Time
This course will be scheduled in the fall of 2020. We will add dates to the website as soon as they become available. For more information please contact Sophie at email@example.com.
Do your business proposals succeed? Do your reports influence decision-making? Do you need help organizing and clarifying your thinking? Would you like to produce clear, persuasive business proposals and reports that get results – in half the time?
This one-day workshop will help you produce powerful reports and winning proposals in significantly less time. Obtain planning techniques, guidelines for writing clearly, grammatically and concisely, and tips for increasing impact and persuasiveness.
The course is “hands-on” and fun, with numerous opportunities to practice and improve your business writing. You may bring samples of your work for review by the instructor.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Plan your business proposals and reports clearly and logically
- Define your reader’s needs and interest
- Write persuasively to meet your reader’s needs
- Write clearly, concisely and with impact
- Increase the power and persuasiveness of your first draft
- Develop a professional style and tone
Please follow and like us:
Writing Business Proposals and Reports
- Understand the difference in structure and purpose of a range of business documents: business letters, memos, e-mail, proposals and reports
- Select the correct type of business document for your purpose
Plan Before You Write
- Practice using planning techniques that halve your writing time
- Decide how you want your reader to respond
- Analyze your reader’s needs and interests
- Practice using a logical planning technique
- Identify the level and type of information required
- Plan how you will collect and organize the information
Writing with Clarity and Impact
- Practice expressing complex ideas and information simply, clearly and in plain English
- Be more concise by eliminating unnecessary words
- Learn how to summarize complex information
- Write grammatically with an improved vocabulary
- Improve your writing style with short, direct sentences
Writing with Professionalism
- Write with a style and tone that reflects your corporate image
- Write to build a relationship with your reader
- Understand the persuasive power of words to build credibility
Strengthening your First Draft
- Edit your first draft to clarify and strengthen your message
- Adjust the style and tone of your writing as needed
- Put yourself in your reader’s shoes
- Use simple techniques for correcting errors in grammar and layout
- Increase your readability
Reviewing your Writing
- Check your writing for clarity, impact and persuasiveness
- Develop a critical attitude to your own and others’ business writing
- Set long term goals and an action plan for improving your business writing
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who needs to write winning proposals and influential reports.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Analytical Thinking
• Computer and Digital Technology
• Document Use
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Planning / Organizing
• Policy Development
• Reading Skills
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Writing Skills