Advanced Event Planning (P784)
Advanced Skills for the Event Planner
Reserve your space now for your preferred course date. As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we will keep you informed whether the workshop will run in a classroom setting or live online. Regardless of format, you can be assured that we will deliver the same acclaimed training you expect from PMC.
This course explores the more complicated aspects of event planning and goes beyond the basics to help you plan, budget for, and execute flawless events in your organization.
Participants should have some experience planning events or have previously taken the introductory event planning workshop, Effective Meeting and Event Planning (P790).
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Budget more efficiently
- Negotiate with venues more effectively
- Read a contract more professionally
- Build timelines and write scenarios
Please follow and like us:
- Methodology to build, plan and manage a budget
- Discover the real costs to building an event
- The importance of ROI (return on investment)
- How to negotiate a contract with a venue
- Learn what is negotiable
- Learn how to be prepared before you start to negotiate
- Learn the pitfalls of most contracts
- What to look for when signing contracts
- Learn who is financially responsible and insurance requirements
Timeline and Scenarios
- Learn the value of timelines and good planning
- The importance of a planned scenario and its content
- Learn how to develop an alternative game plan
- Where to find the best support
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone with occasional or frequent responsibility for planning events in their organization will benefit from this training.
Does this Course Address your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Computer and Digital Technology
• Conflict Resolution
• Creative Thinking
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Document Use
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Reading Skills
• Relationship / Network Building
• Risk Management and Assessment
• Strategic Thinking
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Working with Others