Thriving Under Different Leadership Styles (P265) - NEW
How to Succeed Working for Different Leaders
This course will be delivered two ways:
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
• Live, instructor-led session online
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
Leaders are a diverse bunch. Sometimes you report to them. Sometimes they are leading your project. Sometimes they are leading your kids’ sports team or the place you volunteer. Some of these leaders naturally fit the way you want to follow, sometimes they don’t. Adapting to different leadership styles is key to your motivation, performance, resilience and peace of mind.
The instructor for this course trains, coaches and supports 2,000 plus leaders from every sector each year. He designed this program to help followers create a successful collaboration with the wide variety of leaders he works with.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Work successfully with relationship and task first leader styles
- Work successfully with empowering and close leader styles
- Work successfully with technical and non-technical leader styles
- Work successfully with risk taking and risk adverse leader styles
- Work successfully with spontaneous and disciplined leader styles
- Work successfully with hard charging and laissez faire leader styles
- Work successfully with consensus and command leader styles
- Work successfully with perfection seeking and mistake friendly leader styles
- Work successfully with subtle and direct leader styles
Identify Leader Style
- Diagnose your leaders preferred styles
- Diagnose your leaders least preferred styles
- Match leader styles with working behaviors
Understand Leader Styles
- What motivates each leader style?
- What frustrates each leader style?
- What builds trust in each leader style?
Adapt to Leader Styles
- Deliver and activate feedback with each style
- Communicate with ease with each style
- Create peace, joy, acceptance and forgiveness
Help Leaders and Followers Succeed
- Align working styles of leaders and followers
- Manage triggers that stimulate unproductive conflict
- Match expectations with desired inputs and outputs
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who works with leaders.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Change Management and Leadership
• Conflict Resolution
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact / Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Problem Solving
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Others