As an employee, doing work that is suited to your aptitudes and interests is a fundamental contributor to job satisfaction and effectiveness. Many employers have realized that when employees are in positions where the “fit” is right, high retention and good performance are the natural outcomes.
Unfortunately, many employees have responsibilities that they are not suited to, or where external circumstances have guided their career choices rather than carefully considered decision-making.
In this fast-changing knowledge economy it is equally important for both employers and employees that workers learn how to manage and develop their careers in a way which maximizes personal success and fulfillment while delivering performance to employers, clients or stakeholders.
This workshop will give you the critical skills, insights and self-awareness to more effectively guide your career decision-making. Just prior to the course, you will complete an online DiSC personality assessment, a multi-purpose learning instrument to help you discover behavioural strengths and areas for augmentation.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
Please note: because an online assessment is to be completed prior to the workshop, participant substitutions cannot be accepted if submitted less than 10 business days prior to the course date.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand personal values and their motivational impact on job satisfaction and decision- making
- Better understand your personality and how you can use that knowledge to guide career-making decisions
- Develop a career development plan which is the result of a structured and rational process
- Gain insights into your skills and competency strengths and weaknesses
- More effectively use these competencies as helpful tools in career management
Please follow and like us:
Defining Career Management
Where You Are Today—A Better Tomorrow
The Link Between Job Satisfaction and Performance
- Current job
- Ideal job
- Gap analysis
- Values clarification
- Career choices values matrix
- Values and decision making
- Current job
- Current job development priorities
- Maximizing talents
Personality, Job Fit and Success
- Comprehensive DiSC profile debrief
Gap Analysis and Career Management Action Plans
- Career direction
- Job satisfaction
- Career anchors
- Personality / job fit
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course will be of value to anyone who wishes to maximize job satisfaction in their current role, or who are considering a change in career direction, or who simply want to be equipped with the essential skills and insights to effectively manage their careers over the longer term.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Creative Thinking
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Planning / Organizing
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Values and Ethics