This course will be delivered two ways:
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
• Live, instructor-led session online
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
This two-day workshop builds on the core management knowledge, skills and attitudes acquired in Managing for Superior Results I: Fundamentals of Supervision to help you develop and hone new leadership skills.
The workshop draws on cutting-edge research and real world experiences to deliver practical tools and solutions to help you thrive in the hectic, demanding and change-centric environment currently facing leaders — at all levels — today.
The engaging learning environment of this course – using interactive dialogue and activities – will have you gathering tactics from a diverse range of colleagues, contributing your own insights, and picking up transformative concepts you can take back to the workplace and implement right away.
Although there is no prerequisite for this course, we strongly recommend participants attend Managing for Superior Results I: Fundamentals of Supervision before they attend Managing for Superior Results II.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Establish a self-reinforcing culture of behavioural accountability
- Transform multiple inputs into actionable priorities
- Build individual and team dynamics that drive positive change
- Create high-functioning leadership relationships at all levels
- Apply positive psychology practices for mental strength
- Balance project work with core responsibilities
- Develop leadership skills at all levels
- Power teams with sustainable passion
Values and Supporting Behaviours
- Connect corporate values to team values
- Agree to values that reflect high performing team culture
- Establish supporting behaviours and corrective protocols
- Transform directions from leadership into team priorities
- Connect team priorities with individual practices
- Say no while saying yes
- Foster a growth mindset at team and individual levels
- Normalize change as a constant
- Drive change connected to mission and strategy
- Create a high performing relationship with your leaders
- Create a strong team with your leadership colleagues
- Create an accelerant partnership with leaders you manage
- Build resilience towards stress
- Combat negativity and doubt
- Draw success towards you and your efforts
Project Work Core Work Balance
- Set enabling expectations
- Manage work scope creep
- Co-leading human resources
Leadership at All Levels
- Authority sharing
- Connect individual strengths to leadership opportunities
- Pairing idea generation with leadership
- Transform coasting and boredom behaviours
- Action dreams into measureable progress results
- Change busy work into meaningful work
Who Should Attend This Course?
This program provides the conceptual and practical platform to integrate and develop the complementary skills of management and leadership. It is suitable for all who wish to become balanced managers and leaders.
This workshop is particularly valuable for middle managers who must manage the operational task while maximizing the human resource capability and motivation.
Does this Course Address your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Conflict Resolution
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Strategic Thinking
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Others