This course will be delivered two ways:
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
• Live, instructor-led session online
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
Your memory helps you to shape your understanding of your present, and your application of your memories helps you to shape your future. How well your memory works has a direct impact on how much you get done in a day and the quality of your work. Your memory is a window into the health of your brain, how you care for it, and how you use it. It also helps to define who you are – for yourself and for those around you such as family members, friends, colleagues and others.
This very engaging, interactive, and memorable workshop is about your memory – how it works, how you can better use your recall capacity, and much more. We guarantee you’ll remember it for years to come!
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Make more informed day-to-day decisions about managing your sleep, your nutrition, your exercise, and other aspects of your routine that impact your brain fitness and memory
- Use more of the memory capacity you already have to handle more information in less time, enjoy better understanding, and achieve better results
- Make better decisions to safeguard your longer-term brain fitness and its memory capacity
- Help your family members, friends and colleagues to do the same
- Train more of your memory capacity to work more effectively for you
- Implement your personal memory-improvement action plan
What Do You Want to Remember?
- Names, numbers, frameworks, conversations, lists, principles, and more
How Does Your Memory Work?
- Why you can remember the words to a song or advertising jingle (when you don’t even want to), and why you can get to the bottom of a page in a book and have no idea what you read
- What remembering and not remembering have in common
- How your emotions (including stress) and attention impact your memory
- Differentiation and why it’s important
- What’s happening with your memories while you’re sleeping
- How understanding and personal meaning affect your memory
- How advertisers teach your brain to remember their messages
Increase Your Capacity to Remember
- Managing your sleep, exercise and nutrition to help improve your memory
- Help your brain to grow new brain cells – or not
- Using music and other sensory inputs to help improve your memory
Leverage Your Capacity to Remember More Easily
- Using more of your visual processing capability to help you remember better
- Several easy-to-learn, easy-to-use methods to help you remember more
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone who wants to use more of their natural capacity to help them learn, think, remember, and make today’s and tomorrow’s decisions more effectively.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Creative Thinking
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Problem Solving
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem