Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals (P715)
Getting the Best from Your Team
This course will be scheduled in the fall of 2020. We will add dates to the website as soon as they become available. For more information please contact Sophie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Every day, thousands of managers and supervisors go through “the dark night of the soul” as they try to find a way to deal with a staff issue which must be addressed, or prepare for reviews and appraisals. The ability to deal with these situations is a fundamental supervisor’s skill which can easily be acquired and developed. This program is very hands-on, with real-life role plays and skills development. It should be seen as a basic requirement for all those who manage or lead others.
This is a one-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the components of a good appraisal process
- Understand 360 degree feedback processes
- Conduct motivational appraisals and reviews
- Counsel and coach on a daily basis
- Turn potentially difficult situations into positive opportunities
- Feel more confident and comfortable in your management role
Please follow and like us:
- The original intention
- Where systems go wrong
- What the manager wants
- What the employee needs
- Effective review and appraisal guidelines
360° Feedback Processes
- Program design considerations
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Ownership and responsibilities
- The boss as coach
- A culture change tool?
The Psychology of Feedback and Appraisals
- What employees really want!
- Management style and the effective relationship
- Breaking the mold of negative expectation
- Performance and job satisfaction – the missing link
Conducting a Great Performance Review
- Planning and preparation: setting the scene
- Let them talk
- Reinforcing perceptions
- Raising self-awareness around blind spots
- Improvement and action planning
- Let’s talk paradigm shift
Getting Great Feedback
- Confidence comes from skill
- Doing a causal analysis
- Describing the problem/issue
- Gaining reaction
- Agreeing on the problem
- Seeking and supporting solutions
- Follow-up on action plans
- Career issues
- Personal problems
- Resistance to change
- Performance improvement
- Feedback and coaching reactions
- Know your limits
- Tapping into discretionary effort
- Key interpersonal skills
- Delegation and empowerment
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is aimed at supervisors and managers, as well as anyone wishing to complete our Leadership Skills Certificate Program.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Conflict Resolution
• Dealing With Difficult Situations
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Interpersonal Relationships
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Values and Ethics