Risk Management and Assessment Competency
Risk Management and Assessment
Applying a logical step-by-step process to protect, and consequently minimize risks to, the government’s property, interests and employees.
• Identifying and assessing risks and the entities exposed to and in control of the risks
• Minimizing risks and their cost
• Containing the effects of any damaging or harmful incident
• Compensating or restoring and recovering in the event of an incidents
• Providing feedback of information as a basis for improving the management system
PMC Open Enrollment Workshops addressing this competency:
Advanced Business Writing
Advanced Event Planning
Business Writing for Impact and Influence
Communicating for Results
How Ottawa Works
Integrated Risk Management
Performance Measurement and Evaluation
Policy Analysis Toolbox – Part 1
Policy Analysis Toolbox – Part 2
Project Management 101
Our training services
For the public:
PMC’s open enrollment workshops are available to all individuals. Workshops are delivered in-person (in Ottawa) or as a live, instructor-led session online from anywhere.
Workshop dates run throughout the year.
For your team:
PMC delivers standard or customized workshops for a team or work group from your organization. Workshops can be delivered in person at your location, or online at a time that works for you. All for a surprisingly cost-effective price.
PMC offers an extensive library of micro-learning and longer video lessons on soft skills, management and software topics accessible through desktop or mobile devices. The content is self-paced, self-directed, with individual topic choices.