Today’s work environment is increasingly complex and ambiguous. At the same time, our managers and stakeholders are demanding we come up with more creative and innovation solutions to the problems we face. How can you find solutions and make decisions when faced with uncertainty? How do you respond to the demand for more innovative approaches in your process?
This workshop will provide you with creative processes and tools that strike the right balance between critical thinking and creative solutions.
You’ll receive your personal FourSight ™ Breakthrough Thinking Profile and discover how your thinking preferences can enhance or hinder how you and your team engage in the creative problem solving process. You’ll be introduced to attitudes and tools that will help you build more creative solutions; the distinct phases of the creative problem solving process; strategies for gaining acceptance of your ideas and when to use critical versus creative thinking. In addition, you’ll take away thinker toys from this course, and a learner guide with a bibliography of helpful references to further your learning.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Engage more productively in the creative problem solving process
• Use critical thinking and creative problem solving tools to develop more creative solutions and make better decisions
• Identify personal actions for continuing the development of your critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
• How are you a critical thinker?
• What makes a good critical thinker?
• Critical thinking components, skills and tools
The Creative Problem Solving Mindset
• Thinking habits, styles and preferences that support creative thinking
• How praise first and phrasing challenges as questions can transform your problem solving efforts
• Personal thinking preferences and their impact on teams and collaborative work environments
The Creative Problem Solving Tool Set
• Ground rules for creative thinking and how to balance ideas with analysis • The creative problem solving process
• Tools to help you clarify the problem, generate ideas, develop and implement more creative solutions
Building your Creative Problem Solving Skill Set
• Practicing the creative problem solving mind set and tool set
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone working in complex, ambiguous circumstances that demand creative thinking and innovative results.
Course Location: Innovative Professional Offices (formerly Minto Business Centre), 440 Laurier Avenue West
Does this Course Address Your Competency Development Needs? Learn more
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Creative Thinking
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Innovation and Initiative
• Interpersonal Relations
• Management Excellence
• Planning / Organizing
• Policy Development
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Risk Management and Assessment
• Strategic Thinking
• Teamwork and Cooperation
• Working with Others