Limited space is still available for the January 23-24 session. Please call Leila at 613-234-2020 ext. 18 or email email@example.com to check availability and to register.
Organizations are constantly developing new products, programs, services, streamlining business processes, and striving to increase quality and customer satisfaction. Good project management is a key skill required to ensure the success of these efforts on a predictable schedule and within an acceptable budget.
Most project management workshops are geared toward the relatively small number of people who want to become certified as a professional project manager. This workshop is designed for the far greater number of people who need the practical skills to manage projects as part of their job.
Designed and delivered by a Project Management Institute (PMI) certified project manager, this course provides hands-on experience with the tools and techniques to plan and manage a project successfully and to the client’s satisfaction. The best-practice processes are mapped across the project timeline, and the specific actions you need to take, and documentation you need to prepare, are explained at each step in an easy-to-follow thread. The use of software tools to support each step of the process is described with examples.
Accompanied by a comprehensive 250-page user manual with a wealth of tips and techniques for review long after the course is over, the course provides an end-to-end roadmap you can apply to your projects of any size, in any domain, to optimize their scope, schedule, cost and risk performance.
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification: The 11 hours of training time in this workshop can be applied toward your 35 hours of required project management education for PMP certification.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will:
- Know the best practice processes, tools and techniques needed to plan and manage your project successfully
- Know the phases of the project life cycle and what happens in each
- Gain hands-on experience with the most important project management processes on a sample project
Please follow and like us:
- What is project management, who can use it, and application to small projects
- The project life-cycle, and key techniques and tools
- The importance of linking your project to the organization’s strategic direction
- The 3 over-arching keys to project success
- The role and key attributes of the successful project manager
- Identifying the sponsor and customer
- Identifying and analyzing the project stakeholders
- Agreeing on the ultimate project objective and benefit
- Documenting the project business case
- Kicking off the project with a concise and complete project charter
- A 1-page flowchart that makes project planning fast and easy
- Identifying the detailed project requirements behind the objective
- Documenting the project scope, and everything the team will have to do
- Putting the scope in order, preparing the precedence diagram
- Best practices for estimating the project resources and budget
- Building a reliable project schedule laid out across the calendar
- Proactively identifying the schedule and budget needed to deal with project risks
- Finalizing the project plan and briefing management to ensure expectations are properly set
- Assembling the best project team for the job
- Dealing with the advantages and challenges of matrix organizations
- The importance of team delegation and motivation
Project Implementation and Control
- How to manage scope to ensure you don’t miss anything
- How to status and manage schedule to keep your project on track
- How to status and manage cost to keep your project within budget
- How to status and manage the risk budget to deal with surprises
- The 2 most important things to ensure acceptable project quality
- How to constructively brief management on progress and request assistance when needed
- Closing contracts and delivering the project result
- The best ways to gather project lessons learned to ensure continual organizational improvement
- Preparing a concise and complete final project report for the stakeholders
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
Everyone who is – or will be – responsible for successful project completion.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Computer and Digital Technology
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Document Use
• Engagement and Motivation
• Innovation and Initiative
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Reading Skills
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Risk Management and Assessment
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Working with Others
• Workload and Time Management