Managing the Development of Talent in Your Workplace
Managing the succession of talent in your workplace is a vital strategic process that minimizes gaps in leadership, ensures the continuity of corporate knowledge, and enables your people to develop the skills necessary for possible future roles.
This interactive workshop will show you how to design and implement an effective and flexible succession plan that will help your organization continue to grow and achieve its business goals.
This workshop is offered within organizations for groups of 5 people or more.
Course duration: 1 day
What is Succession Planning?
• Succession Planning vs. Replacement Planning
Benefits of Succession Planning
• Addressing Corporate Risk Management factors
• Proactive and Responsive HR Planning
Creating the Framework and Developing the Process
• Obtaining commitment from Senior Management
• Setting up a Committee
• Assessing the cost effectiveness of working with in-house resources or outsourcing
• Creating a succession planning framework
• Developing, and documenting a best practices succession planning process
The Players and their Roles
• Human Resources Professionals
Implementing the Plan
• Identifying the challenges to effective succession planning at your workplace
• Critical success factors
• Retaining corporate knowledge
• Strategies for overcoming roadblocks
At the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
• Understand the best practices of Succession Planning
• Create a succession planning framework
• Develop future leaders from within the organization
• Implement an organizationally specific approach, and identify key competencies required for specific positions
Who Should Attend This Course?
Managers, Senior Leaders, Human Resources Professionals.
For more information on this workshop, please contact:
Tel: 613-234-2020, ext. 21