Project Management Skills for Administrative Professionals (P791)
Manage Increasingly Complex Projects with Confidence
This course will be scheduled in the fall of 2019. For more information contact Sophie at 613-234-2020, ext. 21.
Administrative professionals are often asked to take on a project from beginning to end. These projects can range from conferences and physical relocations to major events and change management. To be successful in these assignments, apply the skills of project management.
The skills of project management are designed to give you the rigour and discipline required to deliver your project on time, on budget and meet expectations.
This workshop will be an opportunity to work within groups on several different types of projects. You will gain insight into working with others and how to follow the necessary steps to plan and implement your projects to achieve a successful outcome.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Take on increasingly complex projects with confidence
- Bring your projects in on time, on budget, meeting expectations
- Plan for the unexpected, manage risks and find opportunities for added value
- Harness the energy of teams to build better projects
- Track your projects to identify variances and adjust appropriately
- Use the language of project management and demonstrate your new capacity
Please follow and like us:
What is Project Management?
- What project management is and why it is so common in the workplace
- Who are the players?
- The role of the project manager
How Do I Get Started?
- Getting a full understanding of the project
- Building a project definition
- Sorting out everyone’s roles
- Setting up expectations early
- Getting support and commitment
Developing Your Plan
- Using work breakdown structures
- Getting into detail
- Managing risk
- Setting up a realistic budget
Implementing Your Plan
- Applying your plan
- Forecasting and resolving problems
- Monitoring for variances
Evaluating Reality Against Plans
- Tracking techniques
- Providing feedback
- Using “Lessons Learned” for continual improvement
Who Should Attend This Course?
Anyone in an administrative role who wishes to increase their level of contribution within the organization.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Achievement / Results Orientation
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Computer and Digital Technology
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Document Use
• Engagement and Motivation
• Innovation and Initiative
• Planning / Organizing
• Problem Solving
• Project Management
• Reading Skills
• Research, Analysis and Evaluation
• Working with Data and Numbers
• Working with Others
• Workload and Time Management