Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ2 (P223)
Develop Practical Skills to Increase EQ at Work and Home
This course will be delivered two ways:
• Live, instructor-led session online
• In person (in classroom) in Ottawa
Please check available dates in the two sections on the right, and click the corresponding REGISTER ONLINE button for your choice.
This course follows Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1 (P740). It builds on the theory and self-awareness of this initial program and it focuses on developing the practical skills and behaviours that increase one’s own emotional intelligence—both at work and in personal life. This course provides the opportunity to gain greater knowledge and skills to understand, express and regulate one’s emotions. In addition, participants will develop strategies to manage emotional interactions with others.
Participants engage in a variety of self-reflective exercises, group activities, and discussion to explore and develop higher levels of emotional intelligence in a supportive environment.
Note: Previous participation in Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1 (P740) is recommended but not mandatory. Class size is limited to 14 persons due to the highly interactive nature of this course.
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will:
- Understand the key components of emotional intelligence
- Develop deeper self-awareness and understanding of personal triggers
- Identify and practice strategies for greater emotional regulation
- Build greater awareness of the emotions of others
- Identify and practice strategies for responding to the emotions of others
- Understand the connection between personal values and motivations to emotions
- Understand the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace, team dynamics and collaboration
- Have an “Action Plan” to guide the application of skills learned
- Review key concepts from EQ1
- High vs. Low EQ behaviours
- Understanding the Role of EQ in the Workplace
- Setting EQ growth goals
Insights into Self-Awareness
- Understand negative cognitive frameworks
- Traits that perpetuate anxiety
- Emotional Responses vs. Rational Thinking
- Emotional Associations and Triggers
Insights into Self-Regulation
- Strategies for increasing self-regulation
- Skills to reframe and respond to emotional situations
- Exercise in positive expression
- Build habits for emotional impulse control
- Managing self in response to others’ emotions
Insights into Others and Social Awareness
- Emotional intelligence and team dynamics
- Listening and verifying perceptions
- Low / high EQ relationships
- Learner / Judger mindsets
- Improving responses to the emotions of others
Insights into Values and Motivation
- The link between values, motivations and emotions
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Staying motivated
- Motivating others
- Habits of emotionally intelligent people
- EQ Action Plan
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course is for anyone seeking to advance their emotional intelligence and build on their foundational skills. Participants who are particularly interested in emotional intelligence for effective teams and workplaces are encouraged as well.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Problem Solving
• Public Speaking / Presenting
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork / Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Others