Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ2 (P223)
Develop Practical Skills to Increase EQ at Work and Home
Online registration for this course is not available. In order to register please call Leila at 613-234-2020 ext. 18, or send an email to email@example.com.
This course follows Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1 (P740). It builds on the theory and self-awareness of this initial program and it focuses on developing the practical skills and behaviours that increase one’s own emotional intelligence both at work and in personal life.
Through various exercises, diagnostics and activities participants are encouraged to explore and develop higher levels of emotional intelligence in a supportive environment.
Note: Previous participation in Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1 (P740) is a pre-requisite. Class size is limited to 14 persons due to the highly interactive nature of this course
This is a two-day workshop in Ottawa.
Space is still available for all course dates listed, unless otherwise noted.
By the end of this seminar, you will:
- Develop skills for self-awareness
- Be better able to regulate emotional responses
- Develop your social skills
- Have better social awareness
- Better understand your own motivations and needs
- Have a 20-day “Action Plan” to guide the application of skills learned
Please follow and like us:
Emotional Intelligence Overview
- Key assumptions
Skills to Increase Self-Awareness
- Small Group: checklist development
- Overcoming negative self-talk
- Traits that perpetuate anxiety
- Maslow diagnostic: “My Needs” level
Skills to Improve Motivation
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation
- Staying motivated
- Motivating others
Skills to Improve Self-Regulation
- Why do we need to be right or get angry?
- The use of “provisional language”
- Exercise in positive expression
- Emotional impulse control
Improving Social Awareness
- Personality types
- Group dynamics
- Verifying perceptions
- Low / high EQ relationships
- Small group: “Increasing Empathy”
- Learner / Judger mindsets
Improving Social Skills
- Non-verbal communication
- Habits of emotionally intelligent people
- 20-day Action Plan
Register for this workshop
Once you register the first attendee, you’ll have the ability to add additional attendees or purchase other workshops
Who Should Attend This Course?
This course will be of value to those who have attended Personal Effectiveness Through Emotional Intelligence – EQ1 (P740) and who wish to further develop the skills to apply the concepts in their work and personal lives.
Does This Course Address Your Competency Development Needs?
This training workshop addresses:
• Adaptability / Flexibility
• Analytical Thinking
• Change Management and Leadership
• Client Service
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making / Decisiveness
• Dealing with Difficult Situations
• Emotional Intelligence
• Engagement and Motivation
• Impact and Influence
• Interpersonal Relations
• Learning Support / Continuous Learning
• Management Excellence
• Negotiating Techniques
• Problem Solving
• Public Speaking / Presenting
• Relationship / Network Building
• Self Confidence / Self Esteem
• Teamwork / Cooperation
• Values and Ethics
• Working with Others